5.31.2010

Jump, Jump (Well...Maybe Not)

If case you hadn't heard, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County of California of USA of Earth first baseman Kendry Morales broke his leg while celebrating his game-winning home run on Saturday. It reminded me of former Arizona Cardinals kicker Bill Gramatica's celebration fail in 2001 when he made a field goal, leapt into the air with joy, and tore his ACL when landing on the ground awkwardly.

I knew it was a matter of time before somebody got badly hurt when celebrating. In fact, I always thought this method of celebrating was completely idiotic and figured we were always a day away from someone exploding all of their knee ligaments because they were completely geeked that they just made a layup. For me, the "jump" celebration makes about as much sense as this. But I suppose some times...

1 comment:

  1. I think when my brother was in school at J-town, the girl's basketball team used to jump up and butt bump during the introdictions, until the best player tore her knee or ankle when landing. Needless to say, no more jumping when getting introducted after that. I also seem to remember a bear's preseason game where a guy trying to make the team spiked the ball after a TD and tore out his shoulder, he didn't make the team as I remember it....

    ReplyDelete